Forum Discussion

PS
Social Sightseer
20 days ago

speech to text - Xplan integration

Hi there

I am new here and work as Xplan site admin so asking on behalf of an adviser.

Has anyone used any speech to text tool or software which has worked successfully with XPlan (NZ) especially with File notes and Tasks?

Thanks

PS

8 Replies

• Hi PS and Jessica-Lamb

Thanks for tagging me into this, this is an interesting one as we don't hear a lot of voice use cases like this, but sounds like you both make good use of it.  We will discuss it with the team and will keep you posted as we learn more on this.

Thanks again,

Matthew

Matthew
      Icon for Iress Team rankIress Team

Hi all, 

Just as an update, our engineers and design team have been looking into this and believe we've identified the cause.  We're optimistic we can sort this in the near future but a bit more work to finalise the investigation and then implement the change - so we don't have dates to share just yet, but will provide another update once we know a version or some dates :) 

Thank you,

Matthew

Jessica-Lamb
    Icon for Advisely Partner rankAdvisely Partner

Hi PS. 

Here is a little video I put together on what I use for Voice to Text in XPLAN. Which is a google chrome extenstion. This video will demo how it works and how to install it. 

Note: at 1.13 you can't see the screen pop-up. Here is a copy of the screen pop-up that I was selecting: 

PS
      Social Sightseer

Hi Jessica-Lamb

Thanks for your reply and both of the suggestions. 

re google chrome extension voice in - I have tried this previously unfortunately it doesn't work in new short version of Tasks especially description and comments, it works fine in classic view of Tasks for long description. Same issues reported by an experienced user with Dragon dictation (paid version).

I am looking for may be any possible third party integration which worked with xplan in all areas. I have reached out to my account manager, however just want to check if there is any user who have already used something which is working fine for them.

Jessica-Lamb
        Icon for Advisely Partner rankAdvisely Partner

Hi PS

My testing has shown that it works for all "String" fields on XPLAN. But not where there is a grey text option like in Tasks Description and Task Comments (as shown in screen shot below). This might be a great one for Matthew Townsend to review and perhaps see if there can be a change to XPLAN to assist with this. I beleive all integrations may fail on these fields. In the meantime, if the Advisely network has found another solution then I am excited to hear from them as well.